SMC vs. Kalamazoo
Strong Singles Play Lifts Saint Mary's Past Kalamazoo
NOTRE DAME, IN – Saint Mary’s overcame a slow start in double plays and took five of the six singles matches in posting a 6-3 MIAA win over Kalamazoo on Saturday afternoon. The match was moved inside to the Eck Tennis Center because of rain.
Saint Mary’s won four of their five singles match in straight sets.
The win lifts the Belles record to 9-9 overall and 4-3 in MIAA play while Kalamazoo falls to 10-8 and 4-3 respectively.
Saint Mary's College 6, Kalamazoo 3
1. Camille Gebert (SMC) def. Mary Atallah (KZOO) 6-1, 6-3
2. Jillian Hurley (SMC) def. Lindsay Zuhlke (KZOO) 6-3, 6-1
3. Betsy Reed (SMC) def. Kari Larson (KZOO) 6-2, 6-1
4. Geneva Garcia (KZOO) def. Jessica Kosinski (SMC) 6-1, 6-1
5. Lisa Rubino (SMC) def. Amanda Goumas (KZOO) 6-1, 7-6 (7-3)
6. Laura Arnold (SMC) def. Becky Thomson (KZOO) 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-6)
1. Mary Atallah/Lindsay Zuhlke (KZOO) def. Camille Gebert/Jillian Hurley (SMC) 8-5
2. Kari Larson/Geneva Garcia (KZOO) def. Betsy Reed/Lisa Rubino (SMC) 8-3
3. Jessica Camp/Mary Therese Lee (SMC) def. Becky Thomson/Amanda Goumas (KZOO) 8-3
Kalamazoo 10-8, 4-3 MIAA
Saint Mary's College 9-9, 4-3 MIAA