SMC vs. Calvin
Belles Bow to Knights
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Saint Mary's College tennis team fell 8-1 to MIAA foe Calvin College on Wednesday afternoon.
The bright sport of the day for the Belles came at the #2 singles flight. After falling in her first set by a 6-2 score, Gebert came back to take the second set by a decisive 6-3 margin to force a 10 point super tie-breaker. The junior carried over her momentum from winning the second set to earn the 10-7 tie break decision and win her match.
The Belles (5-6, 1-1 MIAA) will return back home to host Albion on Saturday. The match has been moved up from a 1:00 p.m. to a 11:00 a.m. start time.
1. Melissa Oosterhouse (CALVINW) def. Jillian Hurley (SMC) 6-3, 6-1
2. Camille Gebert (SMC) def. Kaitlin Spoelhof (CALVINW) 2-6, 6-3, 10-7
3. Elisabeth Geenen (CALVINW) def. Jessica Kosinski (SMC) 6-1, 6-0
4. Rachel Strikwerda (CALVINW) def. Betsy Reed (SMC) 6-3, 6-2
5. Michelle Busscher (CALVINW) def. Jessica Camp (SMC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Rachel DeGroot (CALVINW) def. Laura Arnold (SMC) 6-4, 6-1
1. Melissa Oosterhouse/Kaitlin Spoelhof (CALVINW) def. Jillian Hurley/Camille Gebert (SMC) 8-4
2. Jill VanVeen/Rachel Strikwerda (CALVINW) def. Jessica Kosinski/Betsy Reed (SMC) 8-2
3. Elisabeth Geenen/Rachel DeGroot (CALVINW) def. Jessica Camp/Franca Peluso (SMC) 8-1