SMC vs. Lincoln
Belles Blank Blue Tigers
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Saint Mary's College tennis team wrapped up their spring trip to Florida with a 9-0 win over Lincoln University (Mo.).
In the doubles matches, the Belles took little time to take an early lead against the Blue Tigers by winning the #1 doubles 8-3 and the #2 doubles 8-0. With a forfeit in the #3 doubles, the Belles held the momentum going into the singles competitions of the day.
Jillian Hurley and Camille Gebert, who won the #1 doubles, both won their singles matches by 6-2, 6-0 scores to secure a win for the Belles. Jessica Camp did not surrender a single set in her match to win 6-0, 6-0. Betsy Reed also made quick work of her opponent, winning 6-1, 6-0.
The Belles finish their trip to the Sunshine State with a 4-4 record and are slated to host NAIA power Indiana Wesleyan on Saturday, March 21 at 2:00 p.m.
1. Camille Gebert/Jillian Hurley def. Sangalli/Penno, 8-3
2. Betsy Reed/Jess Kosinski def. Bilalova/Lanker, 8-0
3. Franca Peluso/Jessica Camp won by forfeit
1. Jillian Hurley def. Raffaella Sangalli 6-2, 6-0
2. Camille Gebert def. Shelby Penno 6-2, 6-0
3. Jessica Kosinski def. Tamila Bilalova 6-1, 6-4
4. Besty Reed def. Claudia Lanker 6-1, 6-0
5. Jessica Camp def. Katrina Redmon 6-0, 6-0
6. Laura Arnold won by forfeit