SMC vs. Olivet
Belles Soar Past Comets
NOTRE DAME, Ind. - The Saint Mary's College tennis team took a 9-0 decision from Olivet in both teams' final dual match before the MIAA Tournament this upcoming weekend.
The Belles took control early and never looked back in their fourth MIAA dual match victory of the season. All three of the Belles' doubles took their matches to give Saint Mary's the 3-0 lead. Jessica Kosinski and Mary Therese Lee led the way with an 8-2 decision at the #3 doubles flight.
Franca Peluso and Jessica Camp ensured the Saint Mary's victory at #5 and #6 singles, respectively. Individually, the pair only surrendered one game to the Comets as Peluso won 6-0, 6-1 and Camp took the 6-1, 6-0 victory. Betsy Reed, meanwhile, took a commanding 6-2, 6-0 win at #4 singles. Camille Gebert extended her winning streak at #2 singles to nine-straight victories for the Belles.
Jessica Kosinski and Jillian Hurley made it a clean sweep for the Belles by taking their matches in two sets.
The Belles will now compete in the season-ending MIAA Tournament hosted by Kalamazoo College on Thursday.
1. Jillian Hurley/Camille Gebert (SMC) def. Jaclyn Mummaw/Giana Guerra (OLIVET) 8-4
2. Franca Peluso/Betsy Reed (SMC) def. Kelsey Singer/Celeste Gruber (OLIVET) 8-4
3. Jessica Kosinski/Mary Therese Lee (SMC) def. Paige Sedgewick/Leanne Scudder (OLIVET) 8-2
1. Jillian Hurley (SMC) def. Jaclyn Mummaw (OLIVET) 7-5, 6-0
2. Camille Gebert (SMC) def. Giana Guerra (OLIVET) 6-2, 6-3
3. Jessica Kosinski (SMC) def. Celeste Gruber (OLIVET) 6-4, 6-3
4. Betsy Reed (SMC) def. Kelsey Singer (OLIVET) 6-2, 6-0
5. Franca Peluso (SMC) def. Leanne Scudder (OLIVET) 6-0, 6-1
6. Jessica Camp (SMC) def. Paige Sedgewick (OLIVET) 6-1, 6-0