PhD, University of Michigan
MS, University of Michigan
BS, Aquinas College
- PADs Project - screening for low quality medicines, food, and water
Courses Recently Taught
- CHEM 121: Principles of chemistry I
- CHEM 122: Principles of chemistry II
- CHEM 311: Thermodynamics, Kinetics, and Statistical Mechanics
- CHEM 312: Quantum Chemistry
- CHEM 361/362: Advanced Lab
- Since 2006, I serve as the Program Director for the 4+1 Dual Degree Engineering Program of Saint Mary's College and the University of Notre Dame. Upon completion of this program, students earn two bachelor's degrees, one from Saint Mary's College and the other in engineering from Notre Dame.
Creative and Scholarly Work
- Barstis, T. and M. Bevilacqua. "Analytical Devices for Detection of Low-Quality Pharmaceuticals." U.A. Patent 15/254186, December 22, 2016.
- Barstis, T., P. Flynn, and M. Lieberman. “Analytical Devices for Detection of Low-Quality Pharmaceuticals.” U.S. Patent 13/566,915, May 31, 2016.
- Weaver, A., H. Reiser, T. Barstis, M. Benvenuti, D. Ghosh, M. Hunckler, B. Joy, L. Koenig, K. Raddell, and M. Lieberman. “Paper analytical devices for fast field screening of betalactam antibiotics and anti-tuberculosis pharmaceuticals.” Anal. Chem. (2013): 85: 6453-6460. DOI: 10.1021/ac400989p.
- Lapicki, A., T.L.O. Barstis, T. Engstrom, E. Reichart, and D.C. Jacobs. "Cold-Cathode Electron Emission from Nanostructured Metal-Insulator-Metal Devices." American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, AIAA Paper (2003): 1050: 1-6. DOI: 10.2514/6.2003-1050.
- Maazouz, M., C.L. Quinteros, T. Tzvetkov, P.L. Maazouz, X. Qin, T.L.O. Barstis, and D.C. Jacobs. "Reactive Collisions of Hyperthermal Ions with Oxide Surfaces." Applications of Accelerators in Research and Industry, edited by J.L. Duggan and I. L. Morgan, American Institute of Physics (2001): 576: 122-125. DOI: 10.1063/1.1395265.
- American Chemical Society
- Council on Undergraduate Research, Chemistry Councilor