Professor; Program Coordinator
PhD, University of Michigan
MS, University of Michigan
BS, Aquinas College
- PADs Project - screening for low quality medicines
Courses Recently Taught
- CHEM 121: Principles of chemistry I
- CHEM 122: Principles of chemistry II
- CHEM 311: Physical chemistry I
- CHEM 312: Physical chemistry II
- Since 2006, I serve as the Program Director for the 4+1 Dual Degree Engineering Program of Saint Mary's College and the University of Notre Dame. Upon completion of this program, students earn two bachelor's degrees, one from Saint Mary's College and the other in engineering from Notre Dame.
Creative and Scholarly Work
- Barstis, T., P. Flynn, and M. Lieberman. “Analytical Devices for Detection of Low-Quality Pharmaceuticals.” U.S. Patent Application Number 13/566,915 and Application Date August 3, 2012, in review.
- Weaver, A., H. Reiser, T. Barstis, M. Benvenuti, D. Ghosh, M. Hunckler, B. Joy, L. Koenig, K. Raddell, and M. Lieberman. “Paper analytical devices for fast field screening of betalactam antibiotics and anti-tuberculosis pharmaceuticals.” Anal. Chem. (2013): 85: 6453-6460. DOI: 10.1021/ac400989p.
- Lapicki, A., T.L.O. Barstis, T. Engstrom, E. Reichart, and D.C. Jacobs. "Cold-Cathode Electron Emission from Nanostructured Metal-Insulator-Metal Devices." American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, AIAA Paper (2003): 1050: 1-6. DOI: 10.2514/6.2003-1050.
- Maazouz, M., C.L. Quinteros, T. Tzvetkov, P.L. Maazouz, X. Qin, T.L.O. Barstis, and D.C. Jacobs. "Reactive Collisions of Hyperthermal Ions with Oxide Surfaces." Applications of Accelerators in Research and Industry, edited by J.L. Duggan and I. L. Morgan, American Institute of Physics (2001): 576: 122-125. DOI: 10.1063/1.1395265.
- American Chemical Society
- Society of Women Engineers