PhD, University of Notre Dame
MS, University of Notre Dame
BS, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
- Nuclear structure
- Image and video analysis
- Nuclear astrophysics
Courses Recently Taught
- PHYS 105: Astronomy
- PHYS 121: General Physics I
- PHYS 313: Classical Mechanics
- PHYS 424: Quantum Mechanics
- University of Notre Dame, guest/adjunct assistant professor of physics, 2012-2018
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, visiting assistant professor of physics, 2011-2012
- University of Notre Dame, postdoctoral research associate, 2010-2011
- Indiana University South Bend, adjunct assistant professor of physics, 2010-2011
Creative and Scholarly Work
- L. Kloepper, and I. Bentley. “Stereotypy of group ﬂight in Brazilian free-tailed bats.” J. Anim. Behav. 131, 123 (2017).
- I. Bentley, Y. Colon Rodriguez, S. Cunningham, and A. Aprahamian. “Shell structure from nuclear observables.” Phys. Rev. C 93, 044337 (2016).
- I. Bentley, “Particle-hole symmetry numbers for nuclei.” Indian J. Phys. 90, Issue 9, 1069 (2016).
- B. Bucher et al., “New lifetime measurements in 109Pd and the onset of deformation at N=60.” Phys. Rev. C 92, 064312 (2015).
- I. Bentley, K. Neerg˚ard and S. Frauendorf. “Nuclear masses near N = Z from Nilsson-Strutinsky calculations with pairing corrections beyond BCS from an isospin conserving pairing force.” Phys. Rev. C 89, 034302 (2014).
- A. Aprahamian, I. Bentley, M. Mumpower, and R. Surman. “Sensitivity studies for the main r-process: nuclear masses.” AIP Advances 4, 041101 (2014).
- I. Bentley and S. Frauendorf. “Relation Between Wigner Energy and Proton-Neutron Pairing.” Phys. Rev. C 88, 014322 (2013).
- S. Brett, I. Bentley, N. Paul, R. Surman and A. Aprahamian. “Sensitivity of the r-process to nuclear masses.” Eur. Phys. J. A 48: 184 (2012).
American Physical Society, 2012-present
Pi Mu Epsilon, 2014-present
Sigma Pi Sigma, 2004-present