PhD, Georgia State University
MA, Rhode Island College
BS, Florida State University
- Creative writing craft
- Cultural hybridity
- Postcolonial writers
Courses Recently Taught
- ENWR 310: Introduction to non-fiction prose
- ENWR 311: Introduction to creative writing
- ENWR 315: Literary nonfiction
- ENWR 390: Personal and cultural narratives
- ENLT 109W: Contemporary ethnic American short stories
Creative and Scholarly Work
- “Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been? The Road, the Traveler, and Beyond.”
- “YOLO: Pop Culture References in Literary Fiction.” Great Writing International Creative
Writing Conference, London, England, 2014.
- “How to Break an American Girl.” Terminus Magazine 10 (2013).
- “The Gifts.” New Delta Review, Summer 2011.