Jill Lynn Vihtelic
Jill Lynn Vihtelic
BA, MBA, Michigan State University
- Finance pedagogy
- Personal finance
Courses Recently Taught
- ANTH 497: Independent study
- ANTH 499: Anthropological internship
- BUAD 316: Financial strategy with computer application
- BUAD 346: Personal ethics and corporate culture
- BUAD 446: Strategic management
- GLST 497: Independent study
- GLST 998: Advanced writing proficiency
- GLST 999: Senior comprehensive
- JUST 346: Personal ethics and corporate culture
- Vihtelic has served in various leadership capacities at Saint Mary's College that include service as BUEC Department Chair and nine years as a Trustee on the Saint Mary’s College Board of Trustees representing the faculty.
- Following a year’s stint as Acting Vice President and Dean of Faculty she returned to the faculty where she served as Co-Chair of the Saint Mary’s College Internationalization Laboratory Team as part of the 2008-2009 American Council on Education cohort.
Creative and Scholarly Work
“Toward a Theory of Instruction: Teaching Individual Financial Management.” Financial Services Review: The Journal of Individual Financial Management, Volume 8, Number 4 (1999): (Index Issue), Elsevier Science: New York Special Issue Editor.
Organizer and panelist for “Global Studies at Saint Mary’s College.” A panel presentation of the 50th Annual MBAA International Meeting, Academy of International Business, Midwest Region in Chicago, IL, March 2014.
"Building a Strategic Framework for Campus-Wide Internationalization." Invited panelist for ACE's Internationalization Webinar Series, Webinar II on June 24, 2010.
Invited blind peer reviewer of three academic articles submitted to the Journal of International & Interdisciplinary Business Research, Volume 2 (2015).
Invited by the CFPTM Board of Examiners to serve as a content specialist to audit, approve and/or rewrite exam questions used for the certification exam administered in March 2002 and March 1998.
“Personal Finance: An Alternative Approach to Teaching Undergraduate Finance.” Financial Services Review 5(2) (1996): pp.119-131.
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators member, 2014-present
- Academy of Financial Services, Member 1988-present
- Program Committee Member 1989-96; Nominated for Vice President of Finance, 1991
- Elected to the Board of Directors, 1993-94; Elected Vice President of Finance, 1995-98
- Elected Vice President of the Program, 1998
- President-Elect, 1999
- President, 2000; Past-president 2001-present.
- Council on Undergraduate Research, Member 2016-17
- Midwest Business Administrative Association, Member 1988, 2003-2017
- Academy of Finance and North American Management Society, Program Committee Member 2003, 2006, 2012, 2013