Krista K. Hoefle
Krista K. Hoefle
MFA, Pennsylvania State University
BFA, Savannah College of Art and Design
- Videogame design and structure
- The culture of gaming, specifically women and gaming
- 3D modeling, printing, and animation
- Interactive art and embodiment
- New media theory and criticism
Courses Recently Taught
- ART 103: Design lab I
- ART 104: Design lab II
- ART 219: Scupltural knitting and crocheting
- ART 366: Cyberfeminism and new media
- ART 370: Topics in sculpture
- Anchor Graphics, Chicago, IL, artist residency
- The Experimental Television Center, Owego, NY, artist residency
- University of Rochester, visiting artist
- University of Tennessee, vising artist
- recieved regional and national reviews in publications such as Sculpture Magazine, Art Papers, The Wall Street Journal, and TimeOut Chicago
Creative and Scholarly Work
- "Farming & LVL_ing UP! interactive performance, Art in Odd Places Festival." Curated and sponsored by Big Car Productions, The Indianapolis Museum of Art, and the Arts Council of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN, October 2014.
- "LVL_GRNDR." A solo exhibition at Packer Schopf Gallery, Chicago, IL, May-June 2013.
- "A Game Without Words." A collaborative interactive performance with Dr. Phyllis Kaminski (Religious Studies) at the Irigaray Circle Conference, RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia, December 2014.
- "Mystery Science." A two-person exhibition with Edie Fake at Tryk Tryk Tryk Gallery, Copenhagen, Denmark, May-June 2011.
- "Uncanny Congruencies." Group exhibition at the Palmer Museum of Art, Penn State University, September-December 2013.
Member of the College Art Association, 1996-present
Board of Directors of the New Media Caucus, affiliate society of the CAA from 2011-2014
Member of the New Media Caucus, 2005-present