Laura Williamson Ambrose
PhD, University of Michigan
BA, Rutgers University
- Domestic mobility
- Women & travel
- History of reading
- History of cartography
- History of science & technology
Courses Recently Taught
- HUST 103: Lives and times
- VHNR 202: Educated woman in her world
- HUST 323: Ancient and early Christian literature
- HUST 324: Medieval and Renaissance literature
- HUST 463: Early Modern Literature
Creative and Scholarly Work
- “Travel in Time: Local Travel and Seventeenth-Century English Almanacs.” Journal of Medieval and Early Modern Studies. (2013).
- Ambrose, Laura, & Ambrose, G. Alex. “The Blended Advising Model: Transforming Advising With ePortfolios.” International Journal of ePortfolio. (2013).
- "Moved to Travel: Domestic Mobility in Anna Trapnel’s Report and Plea." Early Modern Journeys - Practices and Everyday Experiences of Travel, 1450-1800, University of Helsinki, Finland, October 2015.
- “Lady Anne Clifford’s ‘Way’ and Aristocratic Women’s Travel,” Traveling/Travailing Women: Early Modern England and the Wider World. Edited by Bernadette Andrea and Patricia Akhimie. University of Nebraska Press (forthcoming, November 2017).
- "Crossing and Communications in Shakespeare's England." The Cambridge Guide to the Worlds of Shakespeare. Edited by Bruce R. Smith and Katherine Rowe. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (2016).
Shakespeare Association of America
Modern Language Association