Linda S. Paskiewicz
With decades of experience as a midwife and nurse, Linda Paskiewicz transitioned into administration and finally to educating the nurses of the future.
PhD, University of Illinois
MS, University of Illinois
BSN, Lewis University
Areas of Expertise
Certification in nurse midwifery
Women, children, and family health
Health systems management
Courses Recently Taught
- NURS 310: Nutrition for health and healing
- NURS 385: Nursing research
- NURS 415L: Nursing leadership clinical
- Saint Mary's College, Marjorie Neuhoff Endowed Professor (2011) and Director, Department of Nursing, 2009-present
- Saint Mary's College Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) program director, 2015-present
- Loyola University Chicago, Director of Women's Health Nurse Practitioner Program, 2006-2009
- Loyola University Chicago, Associate Dean of Faculty, 2003-2006
- Loyola University Chicago, Chairperson, Department of Primary Care, Health Promotion, Health Systems Management, and Dietetics, 2000-2003
- Loyola University Chicago, Chairperson, Department of Maternal Child Nursing, 1998-2000
Professional Nursing Experience
- Nurse Midwife, Edward Medical Group, Naperville, IL, 1998-2003
- Nurse Midwife, Mid-America Health Partners, Naperville, IL, 1996-1998
- Loyola Perinatal Network Administrator, Loyola University Medical Center, 1994-1996
Creative and Scholarly Work
- "Angel of Mercy or Master of Data: The Nurse of the Future." Naples, FL, 2014.
- "Nursing: The Time is Now." Notre Dame, IN, 2012.
- CCEN accreditation document (2012).
- Received grant funding from Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center to support two positions in the Department of Nursing Science (2012).
- Juretschke, LJ, Penckofer, S, Paskiewicz, L, Velsor-friedrich, B. "Predictors of parent satisfaction with neonatal nurse practitioners." Advances in Neonatal Care, 8, no. 2, (2008):133.
- Paskiewicz, L.S. "Clinical practice: A link between research and patient outcomes." Chart, Journal of Illinois Nursing, 103, (July 2006):10.
- Board of Directors, Indiana Center for Nursing
- Indiana Deans/Directors Association
- National Association of Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners
- Northern Indiana Research Consortium
- Sigma Theta Tau, Alpha Beta Chapter
Awards and Honors
- Serve as an appointed to Board of Directors, Holy Cross Village, 2012–present
- Marjorie Neuhoff Endowed Chair in Nursing, Saint Mary’s College Department of Nursing, 2011
- Faculty Member of the Year, Niehoff School of Nursing, Loyola University, 2001
- Perinatal Service Award, Perinatal Association of Illinois, 1995