PhD, University of Chicago
PhL, Catholic University of America
BA, MA, Indiana University
- Erasmus Studies
- Literature of the Enlightenment
Courses Recently Taught
- RLST 101: Introducing religious studies
- RLST 101: Plurality of perspective on religion
- RLST 251: The Christian tradition
- RLST 445: Historical theology
Creative and Scholarly Work
- Truth and Irony: Philosophical Meditations on Erasmus. Washington, D.C.: Catholic University of America Press, December 2015.
- “The Prospects for Holy War: A Reading of a ‘Consultation’ from Erasmus.” Theology and Ethics Colloquy, American Academy of Religion, November 2015.
- “The Intractable Dialectic of Tyranny and Terror: A Reading of an Erasmian Adage.” Soundings: An Interdisciplinary Journal, vol. 98, no. 2 (May 2015): 163-191.
- "Christine Christ-Von Wedel, Erasmus of Rotterdam: Advocate of a New Christianity." Toronto 2013. Journal of Religion, vol. 94, no. 4 (October 2014): 540-541.
- Living Words: Studies in Dialogues about Religion. Atlanta, Georgia: Scholars Press, 1998.
- American Academy of Religion