"My philosophy for my career as an advanced practice nurse and educator revolves around health promotion and risk reduction."
Tracy Anderson's research has focused on teen pregnancy reduction through parental-teen communication programs, cervical cancer screenings specifically provider and patient compliance, and translation of evidence-based practice programs in the community. With more than 10 years' experience as a certified nurse midwife, Tracy has also served as a clinical instructor at the University of Michigan School of Nursing.
PhD, Johns Hopkins University
BSN, MSN, University of Michigan
Areas of Expertise
Teen pregnancy reduction
Provider and patient compliance with cervical cancer screenings
Translation of evidence-based practice into the community
Courses Recently Taught
- NURS 323: Perinatal nursing
- University of Michigan School of Nursing, Clinical Instructor Track, 2008-present
- University of Michigan School of Nursing, Lecturer, 2003-2008
- Lakeland Health System, St. Joseph, MI, Certified Nurse Midwife
- Allegiance Health System, Jackson, MI, Triage Nurse Midwife, 2008-2014
- Women First, Jackson, MI, Certified Nurse Midwife, 2005-2013
- University of Michigan - High Risk OB Clinic, Certified Nurse Midwife, 2003-2004
- Everyday Blessings, Jackson, MI, Certified Nurse Midwife, 2000-2003
- University of Michigan - Women's Birth Center, Clin II, 1997-2000
- First American Home Care - Hospice, Care-Case Manager, 1995-1997
- W.A. Foote Memorial Hospital, Jackson, MI, Labor and Delivery Staff Nurse/Hospital Faculty, 1993-1997
Creative and Scholarly Work
- "Implementing a Teen pregnancy prevention program focused on parent-child communication" with N. Waren (submitted to Journal of Public Health Nursing), 2013.
- "Interventions to increase patient compliance with high-risk pap smear history" with M. Fink and H. Mark (submitted to the Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health), 2013.
- "Does PICO limit evidence-based translation?: Introducing a new translation concept for evidence-based translation" (to be submitted.)
- "Using the Translation Research Model for a community-based RCPI; the strengths and weaknesses of this translation framework evaluated" with Dr. Titler (to be submitted.)
- "Cost analysis for the adaptation of the 2012 cervical cancer screening guidelines: a model for predicting cost implications in a private practice setting" (to be submitted.)
- ACNM SE Chapter, 2003-present
- American College of Nurse Midwives, 1995-present
- Midwest Nursing Research Society, 2010
- Sigma Theta Tau, Rho Chapter, 2008-present
- Representative for MICNP-APRN Rx lobbying
- "The Role of the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the U.S." Tokyo, Japan, June 2011.
- "Waterbirth: Sink or Swim." Allegiance Hospital, Jackson, MI, 2000-2004.
- "Family Violence." First American Home Care, Jackson, MI, 1999-2002.
- "Breast Feeding: Facts for the Future." Implementing WHO Breastfeeding guidelines, 1995-2004.
- "Nursing in the United States." Victoria Hospital Kowloon, Hong Kong, 1995.
Awards and Honors
- Mazda/YFU Foreign Exchange Scholarship, Tokyo, Japan, 1988
- U.S. Army Outstanding Community Provider, October 2010