Getting Involved with the CCO
At the Career Crossings Office, we invite all parents to partner with us in facilitating a student's career success by sharing your personal and professional experiences not only with your daughter, but with other young women here at Saint Mary’s College. We also encourage you to identify internship and entry-level professional opportunities as well as source candidates to fill positions within your company or organization.
In particular, some of the ways in which you can be involved include:
- Serve as a networking resource for students and alumnae by joining both the CareerCrossings and SMC Alums LinkedIn Groups.
- Place the CCO (email@example.com) on your departmental listserv for distributing announcements about internships and jobs. The CCO staff will post the information to Go BELLES for viewing by current students and alumnae.
- Source candidates from the résumé database of Go BELLES. This is a free service and you can register an account as an employer at: http://saintmarys.experience.com.
- Visit campus to conduct employer and career information sessions. The CCO will arrange for comfortable facilities, publicize the event, and work with faculty to arrange information sessions that allow you to gain access to students so they can learn more about your organization or career path.
- Conduct campus interviews (in-person or telephone) to fill internships and job opportunities. The CCO will work with you to promote your opportunities and arrange an interview schedule.
- Represent or invite your employer to participate in the annual Indiana Careers Consortium Career and Internship Fair to fill internship and entry-level professional positions.
- Notify the CCO of any job/career fairs in your area (geographic or industry) that would be open to Saint Mary’s students and alumnae. This information will be posted to Go BELLES as well as e-mailed to students and alumnae.
- When visiting ND for campus recruiting activities plan a visit Saint Mary’s College.
- Invite and encourage your professional colleagues to fill positions by recruiting Saint Mary’s students and alumnae.