Honors Convocation Information
|2014 Honors Convocation|
Seniors and faculty, dressed in academic regalia, will process by department for the Honors Convocation. Each academic department will plan a ceremony at which seniors receive hoods from their faculty. The Convocation also includes the recognition of College and departmental award recipients.
Sunday, May 4, 2014 - 2:00 p.m
- The procession starts at 1:45 p.m. after the department hooding ceremonies. The procession will travel from the front of Spes Unica Hall to O'Laughlin auditorium.
- Departments will join the procession en route from the building where their hooding was held. Administrative departments will assemble in Le Mans and join the procession from the Le Mans Courtyard exit.
- If you want to sit with your friends, be sure that you process in the same line with them. This will put you in the same row. Two lines of equal length should be formed for entry to the O'Laughlin Auditorium.
- Caps, gowns and hoods are expected. Approved honor cords and departmental stoles are acceptable academic garb.
- The recession will follow the time-honored tradition: Last in, First Out. The stage party will recess first, followed by the seniors. Please follow the instructions of the marshals and please keep moving - if you stop, everyone behind you stops.
Note: this infor mation is subject to change