Each academic department plans a ceremony at which graduates receive hoods from faculty. Most departments will hold their hooding ceremonies on Sunday, May 3, 2020.
Graduates and faculty, dressed in academic regalia, will process by department for Honors Convocation.
Honors Convocation also includes recognition of College and departmental award recipients.
- The procession starts at 1:40 pm following departmental hooding ceremonies. The procession will travel from the front of Spes Unica Hall to O'Laughlin Auditorium.
- Departments will join the procession en route from the building where their hooding was held. Administrators will assemble in Le Mans Circle and will join the procession as it passes Le Mans Green.
- To sit among classmates, students should process together, in the same line. This will put students in the same row. Two lines of equal length should be formed for entry to O'Laughlin Auditorium.
- Caps, gowns, and hoods are expected. Approved honor cords and departmental stoles are acceptable academic garb. For a list of approved honor cords and departmental stoles, click here.
- The recession will follow the time-honored tradition: last in, first out. The stage party will recess first, followed by the graduates.