SMC at Manchester Invitational
Belles Take Second at Manchester
NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. - The Saint Mary's College cross country team finished in second place at the Manchester Invitational on Saturday with a team score of 63.
Host Manchester took the team title with a score of 54.
Julia Kenney had her second-consecutive top finish for the Belles as the freshman finished fourth overall with a time of 23:55. Senior Megan McClowry was not far behind as she finished in seventh place in 24:04 on Saturday.
Clare McVey, Arianne Rodriguez, and Catie Salyer all finished within 13 seconds of each other to round out the top five for the Belles. McVey took 16th with a time of 24:46, Rodriguez claimed 17th with a time of 24:49, and Salyer secured 19th with a finish of 24:59.
The Belles will have a week away from competition before the MIAA Championships on October 31 at Adrian College.
1. Manchester College - 54 pts
2. Saint Mary’s College - 63 pts
3. Calvin College JV - 65 pts
4. Anderson University - 131 pts
5. Saint Mary’s of the Woods - 140 pts
6. Huntington University - 142 pts
7. Kalamazoo College - 189 pts
8. University of Saint Francis - 191 pts
9. Trine University - 197 pts
10. Olivet College - NTS