Lambda Pi Eta National Communication Studies Honor Society
Lambda Pi Eta is the official Communication Studies Honor Society of the National Communication Association (NCA). As a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), LPH has nearly 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide.
LPH was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas. LPH became a part of the National Communication Association (NCA) in 1988, and the official honor society of the NCA in July 1995.
LPH represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics.
Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
- To recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement;
- To stimulate interest in the field of communication;
- To promote and encourage professional development among communication majors;
- To provide and opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field;
- To establish and maintain close relationships between faculty and students
- To explore options for further graduate studies
Eligibility for Membership
To be eligible for consideration for admission, applicants:
- Must have completed 60 semester credit-hours, and have a minimum cummulative GPA of at least 3.0 for all courses taken, and have at least a 3.25 GPA for all communication studies courses.
- Must have completed the equivalent of 12 semester credit-hours in communication studies and currently be enrolled as a student in good standing, as determined by the institution's policies.
- Students should display commitment to the discipline of communication. All persons considered for membership shall exhibit high standards of personal and professional character and shall support the purposes of the honor society.
Lauren Bruner email@example.com
Vice President, Secretary & Treasurer:
Hannah Richmond firstname.lastname@example.org
FACULTY ADVISOR: Dr. Michael Kramer (574) 284-4647 email@example.com