Lambda Pi Eta National Communication Studies Honor Society
Lambda Pi Eta is the official Communication Studies Honor Society of the National Communication Association (NCA). As a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), LPH has nearly 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide.
LPH was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas. LPH became a part of the National Communication Association (NCA) in 1988, and the official honor society of the NCA in July 1995.
LPH represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics.
Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
- To recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement;
- To stimulate interest in the field of communication;
- To promote and encourage professional development among communication majors;
- To provide and opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field;
- To establish and maintain close relationships between faculty and students
- To explore options for further graduate studies
Eligibility for Membership
To be eligible for consideration for admission, applicants must:
- Complete 60 semester credit-hours, including 12 semester credit-hours in communication studies.
- Have a minimum cummulative GPA of at least 3.0 for all courses taken and a 3.25 GPA for all communication studies courses.
- Currently be enrolled as a student in good standing, as determined by the institution's policies.
- Rank within the highest thirty-five percent of one's class in general scholarship.
President: Erin Taylor email@example.com
Vice President: Katie Kidd firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Melissa Fitzpatrick email@example.com
Secretary: Sarah Burke firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Michael Kramer email@example.com
Dr. Marne Austin firstname.lastname@example.org