Psychology Department Handbook
General requirements: a total of 35 semester hours distributed as follows:
- Required Courses:
- Psychology 156: Introduction to Psychology (Fall/Spring)
- Psychology 324: Statistics in Psychology (Fall)
- Psychology 325: Research Methods in Psychology (Spring)
- Psychology 301: Developmental Psychology (Fall & Spring [4 credits])
- Psychology 339: Physiological Psychology (Fall & Spring)
- Psychology 495: Senior Seminar (Fall of Senior Year)
- (or an additional elective for students completing their comprehensive in another major.)
- Courses in which a variety of theoretical perspectives are presented
Group A- 2 of the following are required
- Courses with a specific theoretical or topical focus
(two of the following are required).
- Elective courses (one additional 3 credit course from the above or any other courses offered by the department).
- Advanced writing proficiency certification
- Students must submit a portfolio containing three of the following: A reflection paper, a position paper, a research proposal, and a literature review. There is considerable flexibility within this structure to tailor sequences appropriate to the student's skills, interests, and career goals.
|psych handbook.doc||84.5 KB|