Seeking Grants from External Sources
The office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations has a three part mission at Saint Mary’s College:
- To work closely with College administrators and faculty to identify strategic initiatives that would lend themselves to external sources of support;
- To develop successful grant proposals that help address the institutional priorities of Saint Mary’s College;
- To build relationships with foundations, corporations, and government agencies in order to secure long term financial support and active involvement with the College.
The CFGR Director is a resource for faculty and staff who are interested in seeking funding from corporations, foundations and government sources.
Based on the needs and the circumstances of your project, the CFGR Director can assist with the following services:
- Researching foundation, corporate, and government funding sources
- Providing information on funder guidelines and deadlines
- Discussing ideas for potential grant-funded projects and suggesting appropriate funding sources
- Developing reasonable timelines for proposal preparation
- Reviewing and editing grant proposals for compliance with funder guidelines
- Assisting with budget development
- Ushering all proposals through the internal approval process
- Facilitating the submission of all proposals
- Drafting cover letters
- Sharing information with the College community on grants received
For additional information on proposal development (Grants Process) and identifying funding sources, refer to the attached links, or contact the CFGR Director.
Patricia K. Doyle '69
Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Governement Relations
105 Le Mans Hall
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556