Welcome to the Building Services web page. We are a division within the Business and Finance sector of Saint Mary’s College.
Building Services provides custodial service to over a million cleanable square feet throughout 19 buildings on campus. With a staff of forty-five building attendants, the department provides custodial service 24 hrs/day, 5 days/week.
We work the following shifts to service the needs of the college: 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; 4 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. Weekend service is provided to public buildings on Saturday for 4 hours. On Sunday 4 hours of custodial service is provided to residential buildings.
Mission Statement: To provide a clean, healthy and safe environment for students to live, learn and socialize; for faculty to teach; and staff to work
Our Vision: That all students, faculty, staff and clients to the college shall receive full and complete custodial service through quality and professional service.
Our Goals: To foster the highest standard of custodial operating procedures through skilled professionalism, integrity, conduct and competence.
- Cleaning of classrooms, offices, rest rooms, public areas (lobbies/lounges) including windows in doors and other windows reachable in public areas are cleaned daily.
- Rest rooms in public areas and residential buildings are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Light scrubbing and buffing floors are done on a bi-monthly basis.
- Carpet extraction maintenance is done as needed throughout the academic year
- Trash Removal
- Pest Control
- Floor work (deep scrub and recoat and stripping) and general carpet extraction is performed on a semi annual basis.
- Window blinds are cleaned annually
- Whom do I call if I need a quick cleanup of a spill? Call Building Services at 284-4548
- The rest room is out of toilet paper or paper towels. Call Building Services at 284-4548
- I need a light bulb replaced. Fill out a Facilities Department Work Order and send it to the Building Services Department. firstname.lastname@example.org
- I need facility set up needs (tables, chairs or other set up amenities). Fill out a Work Order and send it to the Building Services Department five (5) days in advance of the event or send an email request to mailto:email@example.com
- Call the Maintenance Department if assistance is needed for: electrical, heating/air conditioning or plumbing matters at 284-4827.
The building attendant constitutes the source
of manpower and experise for the custodial field.
We are proud of the outstanding contributions of
these dedicated women and men in their important activities.
Building Services Director