Saint Mary's College ranks among the top 100 Best National Liberal Arts Colleges for 2015 published by U.S. News & World Report.
Located in Notre Dame, Indiana, just north of South Bend and across the street from the University of Notre Dame, Saint Mary's College is sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Cross, who founded the College in 1844.
Our suburban campus includes 100 acres of trees, gardens, and manicured lawns, historic buildings, and technologically advanced classrooms beside the Saint Joseph River.
- Approximately 1,500 students
- From nearly all 50 states and 17 other countries
- Approximately 90% live on campus
- Guaranteed housing all four years
- Saint Mary's is fully accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
- Six nationally accredited programs
- Liberal arts, with the Sophia Program of Liberal Learning, unique to Saint Mary's
- More than 30 majors
- Ranked among the 100 Best National Liberal Arts Colleges for 2015 published by U.S. News & World Report.
- Top scholars who are recognized for excellence in their fields of study
- All classes taught by faculty, not teaching assistants.
- Classes averaging 15 students, ensuring a close working relationship with faculty
- Student/faculty ratio of 10:1
- Approximately 51 percent of 2014 graduates studied abroad in Australia, Austria, France, India, Ireland, Italy, South Africa, Spain, and other countries.
- Students go out into the field for course work and professional internships, available through numerous sources.
- Roughly two-thirds of Saint Mary’s seniors volunteer annually.
- Students lead more than 60 organizations on campus, including campus publications, fine arts clubs, community service groups, and social and professional organizations.
- Across the street, the University of Notre Dame expands the opportunities for our students, with classes, sporting events and teams, clubs, and organizations.
- Students make key decisions regarding Saint Mary’s social, education, spiritual, and service opportunities through the Board of Governance.
- Eight NCAA Division III varsity athletic teams
- Wide range of club and intramural sports available to Saint Mary’s students through both Saint Mary’s College and the University of Notre Dame.
More than 90 percent of Saint Mary’s students receive some form of financial aid, totaling more than $20 million in institutional grants and scholarships.
- 50% of recent alumnae have careers in business and industry, education, and health/medical services.
- 30% attend graduate or professional school immediately upon graduation
- More than 95% of seniors report being satisfied with their educational experience at Saint Mary's College.