Since 1973 Saint Mary's has administered the Cooperative Institutional Research Program's (CIRP) First-Year Survey to first-year students. The survey covers a wide range of student characteristics: parental income and education, ethnicity, and other demographic items; financial aid; secondary school achievement and activities; educational and career plans; and values, attitudes, beliefs, and self-concept.
CIRP (Entering Student) Survey Summary:
- Reasons Noted as Very Important in Student's Decision to Attend This College
- Student's Estimation of Future
- Student's Probable Career
- Student's Probable Major
- Objectives Considered "Essential" or "Very Important"
- Number of Colleges Applied to other than Saint Mary's
- Expectations for Funding Educational Expenses
- Freshmen Summary