International students are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until February 15. Applications received after February 15 will be reviewed if space is available.
1. Common Application, including:
- Secondary School Report: This recommendation form must be completed by a school official or counselor.
- Essay: The Common Application provides choices for topics that will allow you to demonstrate your English language ability and share your personality with the Admission Committee.
2. Official High School Transcript(s)
- All transcripts must be translated to English by a person other than the applicant or the applicant's family. If applicable, your record should include certified copies of any state or national examination results (for example: IGCSE, GCE "A" level, or Senior School Secondary Exams).
3. Official SAT I Score Reports
- If your native language is not English, you may take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) instead of the SAT.
- In order to receive an F-1 visa, students submitting an admission application in the 2014-15 academic year must complete the Certification of Finances form to demonstrate their ability to pay for their Saint Mary's Education.
Once you have submitted the application requirements listed above, your application can be reviewed by the Admission Committee. The Committee's decision will be based on your academic performance, test scores, the rigor of your curriculum, writing ability, and your fit for Saint Mary's College. You can expect your admission decision via email communication within 3-4 weeks after completing your application requirements.
If you are admitted and choose to attend Saint Mary's College, a $400 deposit is required to reserve your place in the incoming class. After May 1, the deposit is non-refundable.
After we receive your $400 enrollment deposit, we will send you a packet that includes a paper copy of your letter of admission, scholarship and financial aid information, and the I-20 or DS-2019 form that you will need to obtain your F-1 visa.
Rachel Piontek, the Assistant Director of Admission and International Coordinator, looks forward to answering your questions and guiding you through the application process. Please contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.