Course reserve is a collection of materials for use by students enrolled in a specific course. Students are able to check out one item per person with a valid student ID. The loan period is determined by the instructor, but is generally limited to two-hours, in-library use only.
Materials for the current semester are listed in the online Course Reserve Catalog. Binders with copies of course reserve lists are available at the Circulation desk.
Materials for reserve and Blackboard are processed Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. Materials received after 5:00 p.m. will be processed the next working day. Call Lisa Karle, x5396, at the library for more information.
COURSE RESERVE GUIDELINES:
- Professors must fill out a course reserve request form at the Circulation desk. Please allow extra time at the beginning of each semester for processing.
- Only items from the Library's collections and personal copies owned by the professor may be placed on Course Reserve. Under Copyright Law materials borrowed from other libraries and those obtained through interlibrary loan may not be placed on course reserve.
- Blackboard and other electronic reserve programs are available over the campus network through the Huisking ITRC; however, guidelines must be followed to restrict access only to students enrolled in the course.
- Photocopied or reproduced material must be provided by the faculty member for scanning into Blackboard courses. Amounts used are subject to the "fair use" guidelines of US copyright law as outlined in the College's Copyright Policy and Course Pack Policy available at the Document Center.
- Audio tapes, video tapes, DVD's and CDs may be placed on reserve provided they are a legal copies or rented copies.
- Copyright information consistent with United States Code 17 Section 107 is outlined in the College's Copyright Policy and in the Course Pack Policy available at the Document Center. Additional information is also available in the library and on the Information Technology website.
- Please contact Lisa Karle, x5396, Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. if you have any questions or concerns regarding Course Reserve and/or Blackboard.