Interlibrary Loan Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who is Eligible to use this service at Saint Mary's College:
- Saint Mary's College Faculty (current and emeriti)
- Currently enrolled students of Saint Mary's College
- Saint Mary's College Staff
Other library users: Please request items through your local public library.
- Turnaround Time: We go to all reasonable lengths to obtain materials for users as quickly as possible. Once submitted it takes an average of 14 days for materials to arrive. Journal articles are usually available sooner.
- Delivery Methods: You will be notified when the material you requested is ready for pick-up or to download.
- Due Dates for Book Loans: Materials borrowed through interlibrary loan have various due dates which are determined by the LENDING library and is indicated on the book band.
- Renewals for Book Loans: You may request renewals of interlibrary loan books online at email@example.com at least 3 days before the item is due. You will be notified of the new due date.
- Penalties: Failure to return interlibrary loan materials may result in charges determined by the LENDING library to cover the cost of replacith the material ans associated processing fees.
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions: The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is the the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgement, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of the copyright law.