These policies are intended to keep the library an inviting and comfortable place for individual and collaborative study and research, to preserve and protect the value of the library's collections, equipment, and furnishings, and to promote
responsible and courteous behavior towards fellow patrons.
IN EMERGENCIES: CALL SECURITY at ext. 5000 or dial 911.
In case of a fire or other emergency situation the alarm bell will sound continuously. Please evacuate the building immediately through the nearest exit. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR.
In case of a tornado, please take the stairs to the Trumper Computer Center on the Lower Level until the "all clear" is given. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR.
1. Food and Drink:
- Beverages in sturdy, spill-proof containers that can be re-closed such as water bottles with lids, travel mugs and sports bottles.
- Catered faculty-sponsored events in designated class and meeting rooms. Contact the Office of Special Events (ext. 4625) or check the EMS On-line Event Space Reservation Calendar for room availability and reservations.
- Snacks (please dispose of containers properly)
- Laptops (wireless service available through BelleAire)
- If you must use your cell phone within the library, please do so briefly and courteously.
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind;
- Meals and delivery of food from outside vendors;
2. After Hours -- the Trumper Computer Center: Only female Saint Mary's College students are permitted in the Trumper Computer Center when the library is closed. Men are asked to leave the building when the library closes.
3. Printing limit: The College has implemented a print accounting system for all computer cluster printers. For more information please click on PrintLimit@ Saint Mary's College. Guests without a network user I.D.and password please ask for assistance at the Reference Desk for limited printing from our guest accounts. Guest printing will ONLY BE available during Reference Service hours.
4. Reshelving Materials: Books to be reshelved should be placed on the book carts available on each floor.
5. Posting Notices: Event posters and announcements may be posted on the bulletin boards at the bottom of the stairs to the Trumper Computer Center and across from the vending machines on the Lower Level. Library staff will remove posters after the removal date from the Office of Student Involvement and Multicultural Services.