Staying Healthy at the Library
Cushwa-Leighton Library Guidelines
- The library is an indoor public space. Campus guidelines specify that masks must be worn at all times in indoor public spaces, including the library.
- Furniture in the library has been placed to maintain adequate physical distance between library users. Please do not move library furniture.
- The library is open its regular semester hours.
- The library is open to students, faculty, and staff of the Saint Mary’s College community, via card-swipe access at the west front entrance. Students, faculty, and staff from Notre Dame and Holy Cross College are also welcome; call the front desk at 574-284-5288 from the front door so that we can let you in.
- Books that are returned to the library and books entering the library via Interlibrary Loan and PALShare will be quarantined for 24 hours before they are made available to users.
- Reference materials and Reserve materials used in the library will not be quarantined between uses:
- Use hand sanitizer and request gloves from circulation staff before using these materials.
- Wash your hands immediately after using this material.
- All research help and reference service will be handled online. Librarians are available during Research Help hours via online text chat, or make an appointment to meet individually with a librarian via video chat.
- Beverages in sturdy, spill-proof containers that can be re-closed are permitted in the library, as are small, portable snacks such as granola bars. Please take your mask off only long enough to take a sip of your beverage or a bite of your snack, and then replace the mask in between sips/bites. Do not bring in to-go meals or have food deliveries brought to the Library.
Last updated: May 20, 2021