Determining Our Plans
We are grateful to the entire Saint Mary's community for continuing to take the steps needed to suppress the spread of COVID-19 in our community. It is clear that our ability to remain together for in-person instruction depends on this. The broad immunization of our campus community is critical to achieving this goal. Because we are a congregate-living residential community, we must take every step available to prevent this highly infectious disease. Therefore, we have expanded our existing student immunization requirements to include being up-to-date with the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. Students must provide provide documentation for their booster by January 21, 2022. Employees must provide documentation for their COVID-19 booster by February 7, 2022.
The CDC continues to provide guidance for people who have been vaccinated, and it is encouraging to see that vaccinations are helping to suppress the spread of COVID-19. Every new guideline gives us hope that we will be able to provide you a more traditional campus experience.
Our goals for 2021-22 are to:
- Offer face-to-face instruction as our primary mode of education
- Return to a traditional two-semester schedule with fall, Thanksgiving, winter, and spring breaks
- Remove restrictions placed on residence halls
- Host a wide array of curricular and co-curricular events on our campus (with food!)
- Reduce or eliminate masking requirements in many spaces
- Allow expansions to size of student gatherings
- Continue to share classes and extracurricular activities with Notre Dame and Holy Cross
- Reopen all dining venues
- Resume all mentored research opportunities
- Allow visitors once again on our campus