The College Seal
The offical College seal was adopted in 1944 — the year of our centennial celebration. Prior to that, Saint Mary's used the insignia of the Congregation of the Holy Cross. Each of the three Holy Cross educational facilities adopted a variation of the original seal.
Our seal contains two fleurs de lis to indicate our French heritage. Two anchors — symbols of hope and steadfastness — cross diagonally form the Greek letter Chi, which refers to Christ, the source of Virtue and Hope. The French cross is the principal charge on the coat of arms.
Overuse of the College seal degrades its intended use on diplomas, materials from the President’s office or Board of Trustees, and other formal documents issued by Saint Mary’s College. As such, use of the College seal outside of the formal applications listed above is prohibited.