Tuition, Room and Board Rates for 2013-14 Announced

Contact:
Gwen O’Brien
 
Director of Media Relations
Saint Mary’s College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
(574) 284-4579

March 6, 2013 (Notre Dame, Ind.)—The Saint Mary’s College Board of Trustees recently approved a 4% increase in tuition, fees, room, and board for the 2013-14 academic year. Tuition and fees are set at $34,600 and room and board set at $10,560. Tuition, room, and board represent the College’s main sources of revenue, comprising 80 percent of the college’s operating revenue. The remaining 20 percent is supported by gifts from Saint Mary’s generous alumnae and friends and by earnings of the College’s endowment. Saint Mary’s is working hard to increase this revenue. In fact, one of the major goals of the $80 million Faith Always, Action Now Campaign for Saint Mary's, launched publicly last month, is to increase the endowment and grow Annual Fund gifts.

“The College has worked hard to manage its costs in order to keep the increase in student charges to a minimum,” said Vice President for Finance and Administration Susan K. Bolt in a letter to parents. “Your investment in your daughter’s education is significant and we thank you for your confidence in Saint Mary’s to provide her with the experiences that will enable her to discover her potential and prepare her for the future.”

The 2013-14 charges permit the College to sustain and enhance its strong academic offerings and maintain campus facilities. The College remains committed to supporting its many innovative educational programs and a first-rate faculty.

Nearly one-third of Saint Mary’s operating budget is devoted to financial aid, in an effort to make the College’s nationally recognized liberal arts education as affordable as possible. In addition, 93 percent of our graduates finish in four years. The end result for some students is it’s more affordable to attend Saint Mary’s than a public university.

About Saint Mary’s College: Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame, Ind., is a four-year, Catholic, women’s institution offering five bachelor’s degrees and more than 30 major areas of study. Saint Mary’s College has six nationally accredited academic programs: social work, art, music, teacher education, chemistry and nursing. Saint Mary's College ranks among the top 100 “Best National Liberal Arts Colleges” for 2013 published by U.S. News. Founded in 1844, Saint Mary’s is a pioneer in the education of women, and is sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Cross.