BSN PROGRAM OUTCOMES
Based on the mission and philosophy of the Saint Mary’s Nursing program, the outcomes for the graduate of the Saint Mary’s College Department of Nursing are:
- Integrate a broad liberal arts, spiritually based education within the Catholic tradition with the promotion of health and well being for people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Provide relationship centered, state of the art nursing care to individuals, families, groups, and communities that is informed by professional nursing standards.
- Integrate scholarly inquiry and evidence-based research into professional nursing practice.
- Utilize leadership principles and management strategies to influence health care quality and health policy within care delivery systems.
- Employ communication and collaboration skills to develop effective teams and partnerships with diverse individuals, families, groups, communities, and members of the health care team.
- Utilize critical thinking skills and disciplinary knowledge in clinical decision making and evaluation of nursing practice.
- Engage in the processes of self-evaluation, life- long learning, professional practice, social justice and service.
Adopted: May 11, 2010