As a student Phonathon caller, you will be expected to assist the College in reaching its goals through the phone solicitation of its alumnae, parents, and friends. Although this is your primary duty you will also be expected to:
- Work a minimum of two nights per week
- Serve as a liaison between Saint Mary’s College and its alumnae, parents, and friends
- Build and maintain knowledge of the college and the Office of Annual Giving
- Practice good listening skills in an effort to tailor each call to the prospect’s needs or interest
- Leave each prospect with a good feeling about Saint Mary’s and their conversation with you, regardless of the pledge outcome
- Always act in a professional manner
- You will be required to attend two Phonathon training sessions. The dates and times will be provided to you at a later date. The formal training sessions are paid.
- Keep donor information private! All donor information is confidential, and neither records nor discussion of this information is permitted outside the Phonathon Room
- Please know that at any time your calls can be monitored for quality purposes
- Record worked hours on a timesheet. Students receive a monthly paycheck which will either be deposited into a bank account, deposited into your student account to be applied to tuition charges or paid via check
We will be accepting applications for the Fall Phonathon 2011 beginning in August.