Declaration of Major and Minor


By the end of the sophomore year, students must petition an academic department for acceptance into a major program.  Student Academic Services sends each sophomore a Major Petition form with instructions for completion.  Students should then meet with department chairs and advisors about possible major programs.  First Year Students may not formally petition a department for acceptance into a major program; however, they may take prerequisite and/or introductory courses in the major in the first year.  Students interested in art, music, nursing or science should register for specific courses in the first year in order to complete degree requirements in four years.



Students may declare a minor at any point in their college career.  To declare a minor, a student must complete the Minor Petition form from Student Academic Services.