Jump to navigation
Fall Semester 2016
August - September
- Enrollment for all students - August 21st through August 28th.
- Classes begin on August 22nd.
- Last day to add classes on PRISM - August 28th.
- Deadline for pass/fail option - September 2nd.
- (First Years) Learn your instructors' office hours and drop in with any questions you may have.
- (First Years) Work with your roommate to set up quiet hours to study or find alternate places on campus.
- Visit the Writing Center, Math Center, and Cushwa-Leighton Library for additional help and resources.
- (First Years) Feeling overwhelmed? Make an appointment to see your Faculty Advisor, Academic Affairs and First Year Studies advisor or meet with your instructor for help with specific classes.
- Last day to drop classes - September 23rd.
- Meet with your professor if you are having difficulty in a class.
- Mid-semester break - October 15th to 23rd.
- Classes resume - October 24th.
- After mid-semester break, make an appointment with your advisor to plan your spring class schedule.
- Search the Schedule of Classes on the web to see what courses interest you for the spring term.
- After meeting with an advisor and reviewing the schedule of classes, plan your spring semester schedule.
- Pre-registration for Spring 2017 begins November 14th.
- Thanksgiving Holiday - November 23rd to November 27th.
- Classes resume - November 28th.
- Plan your time wisely so that you are fresh and well-prepared for your exams.
- Check your final exam schedule. Visit the Academic Affairs and First Year Studies office if you have 3 exams on the same day or two exams at the same time.
- Last day of classes - December 8th.
- Study days - December 9th through 11th.
- Final exams - December 12th through 16th.
Spring Semester 2017
- Enrollment for all students - January 15th through January 22nd.
- Classes begin - January 16th.
- Start off the semester on a positive note. Set up a study plan and put into practice the study habits you developed from the Fall term.
- Last day to add classes on PRISM - January 22nd.
- Deadline for pass/fail option - January 27th.
- Review the syllabus' for your classes and write down your instructors' office hours.
February - March
- Last day to drop classes - February 17th.
- Visit on-campus resource centers if you need help in strengthening your academic performance.
- Mid-semester break - March 11th to March 19th.
- Classes resume March 20th.
- Easter Holiday April 14th to 17th.
- Classes resume April 18th.
- Pre-registration for Fall 2017 begins - April 18th.
- Are you considering summer school? Be sure to talk to an advisor about what courses to take.
- Talk to an advisor about your classes for next year.
- Last class day - May 4th.
- Study days - May 5th to 7th.
- Convocation - May 7th.
- Final examinations - May 8th to May 12th.
- Commencement - May 20th.