Saint Mary's College Student Group
Feminists United provides students with an opportunity to be involved with women's issues, both on campus and in the world at large. We have several objectives:
- Working to bring speakers to campus (including faculty and community members) to speak on a variety of topics focusing on women’s issues in the United States and around the world.
- Sponsoring group discussions to improve awareness of feminist/women’s issues and broaden our understanding through exposure to a variety of different viewpoints.
- Working with Sisters of Nefertiti, La Fuerza and the Student Diversity Board to create open dialogue about issues of diversity/ethnicity and combating racism.
- Providing a link between the Women’s Studies Program and the campus at large.
- Creating an awareness of volunteer opportunities within the South Bend community, relating specifically to women.
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of smaller taskforces focusing on specific women’s/feminist issues, such as body image, sexuality, and anti-racism.
Join us on Facebook: Feminists United