April 10, 2015
Attendance: President: Krista Knapke, Volleyball: Meaghan Gibbons, Angela Bukur; Basketball: Sarah Macius, Kelsey Ronan; Softball: Caitlyn Migawa, Angela Dainelli; Golf: Janice Heffernan, Lydia Lorenc, Courtney Carlson; LAX: Kristen Whalen, Emilie Vanneste; tennis: Maddie Minaudo, Kaity Venters; XC: Caitlin Blum; Soccer: Absent due to conflicting meeting with new head coach.
Accept Minutes: NA minutes will be sent out at a later date
- Soccer: homeward bound 5 k 4/11 as service / working on coordinating a sister team dinner with softball/ love our new coach / only one more week of practices
- VBALL: last spring practice today / spring season tournament at Bethel tomorrow / all of their service write up have been sent to Sarah for the website
- BBALL: attending Pete’s strengthening and conditioning classes /plan to attend the April 16 softball game with Bryanna / Tuesday and Thursdays going to Hanna and friends with Bryanna 4:30
- SBALL: Alma re-scheduled / 16 – 6 / team dinner with soccer / one more dinner / Proud of senior Torie Connolly has the lead in the opera / first year Makenzie Duncan earned athlete of the week honors/ planning for our senior day / alma re-scheduled to Sunday
- Golf: Will be meeting with sister team for brunch this week and are communicating with tennis to go to matches / traveled over spring break and also played very well.
- LAX: currently 8 – 6 / beat Adrian / prof recognition game at half last week / run forest run 5k as volunteers on april 18 / easter egg hunt at coach’s house was a lot of fun! / another service??? / lac v kzoo 4/23 wounded warrior game – working on getting larger community involved – write down someone you know and they will make into a flag – variety of ways to help with donations, lacrosse shoot out at half, baked good sale / proud of Dee and Emilie both earned Athlete of the week honors
- Tennis: 3rd in conf at this point / won this week / senior day tomorrow / sister team dinner next wed
- XC: last week spring season / next service project will be the Hannah and Friends Carnival. Using the helper helper app to sign up. All teams are welcome to sign up and help as well / Colleen at the NCAA Leadership Forum in Florida!
- SGA: No meeting
- Bulletin Board: study abroad names to Kristen with the country / Colleen working on her board / Courtney working on her board
- Social Media: Angela trying to keep up with the AOW on twitter / will re-tweet sweet 16
- Convent event: Root beer floats were a hit! The Sisters enjoyed this event immensely and very happy with how engaged all of our student-athletes were!
- MIAA SAAC: conference call a couple of weeks ago / discussed service / polar plunge – we need to take steps early to do this event at Notre Dame in 2016 /
- Only one more meeting left – bring your new SAAC reps with you to our next meeting
- Jason – spring screenings – sign up sheets on the door
- Senior Awards Reception – May 3 at 4:30 in Student Center DEF, plan to be there to support your seniors
- Next Fall: Vote for VP so those abroad have opp to run
- Next Friday – ground breaking on the fields at 3:00
- AOW Lunch – Wed., April 29 for all those that were honored as Athlete of the Week