April 26, 2015
Attendance: President: Krista Knapke, Volleyball: Meaghan Gibbons, Angela Bukur, KatieHecklinski; Basketball: Sarah Macius, Kelsey Ronan; Softball: at Trine competition; Golf: Janice Heffernan, Lydia Lorenc, Courtney Carlson; LAX: not present Tennis: Maddie Minaudo, Kaity Venters, Kelsey Kopf: XC: Colleen Ogren; Soccer: Lindsey Rzepecki, Kay Thursby
Accepted Minutes: from April 10
- Soccer: team dinner Tues with Softball, did a service camp with Jr. Irish and did a 5k a few weeks ago, participated in kickball game
- VBALL: past service included the 1 in 4 Night and Ronald McDonald House, gave their sister team, Lacrosse, goodie bags
- BBALL: team impact with Bryanna, collected toiletries for St Margaret’s House, took Bryanna to lax game last week, played bingo at Healthwin
- SBALL: Congrats! 4in conf., will play Trine in tournament /no reps present since competing at Trine today. Reps sent following report to Krista: Senior Day went well last week and have a sister team dinner with soccer on Tues,
- Golf: past service included birdies for Red Cross and St Margaret House walk, sisterteam dinner soon, banquet this Friday.
- LAX: no reps present
- Tennis: Congrats fourth in conference! Will play Hope in the tournament/ Healthwin bingo, kick ball, Banquet Friday, planning a sister team dinner Tuesday
- XC: Hannah and friends yesterday, team mtg on Thursday / NCAA leadership conference that rep Colleen attended was fantastic, highly recommend to anyone for next year / other past service gift wrapping shopped for a family, kick ball tourney, Halloween party Hannah and friends
- SGA: no report
- Bulletin Board: Boards are looking good! Thank you BB Committee!
- Social Media: Ideas to post over the summer: Angela fields progress over the summer…other ideas?
- Convent event: no report
- MIAA SAAC: Alli Steveson, our national SAAC rep emailed the reps in her region / National SAAC will be trying to send more communication through to their regions and be more transparent / overall in DIII, there is lack of participation in in special Olympics event, please report your institution’s participation / It’s on us campaign and mental health resources – more info will follow /reminder to follow NCAA DIII on facebook
- REMEMBER SPRING ATHLETIC TRAINING SCREENINGS WITH Jason: sign-up sheets are on his office door
- Senior Awards Reception – May 3 at 4:30 in Student Center DEF, plan to be there to support your seniors
- Next Fall: Vote for VP so those abroad have opportunity to run
- AOW Lunch – Wed., April 29 for all those that were honored as Athlete of the Week
- Twitter and Facebook – anyone interested in assisting with SAAC Social Media, let Krista know. We will discuss at our first fall meeting.
Next year’s meeting schedule was distributed:
Friday, Sept 18 –noon
Fridays. Oct 2 and 16 – noon (Vote on VP Oct 2)
Fridays, Nov 6 and 20 – noon
Friday, Dec 4 – noon
TENTATIVE SPRING MEETING SCHEDULE:
Friday, Jan. 22 – noon
Fridays, Feb 5 and 19 – noon
Fridays, March 4 and 18 – noon
Fridays, April 8 and 22 – noon
Sister Teams were assigned for next year:
Soccer and Tennis / Cross Country and Lacrosse / Golf and Softball / Basketball and Volleyball