February 17, 2012
- XC – Spring season will start after Spring Break, and it will most likely include a competition in Kentucky April 29, 30
- Golf – Season starts week of 2/19. First competition 3/16, 3/17.
- Basketball – Finishing up the regular season. Senior Day is against Kalamazoo on Saturday 2/18. They will start the MIAA Conference Tournament on Thursday 2/23.
- Volleyball – Planning spring season to begin after Spring Break. Currently having open gyms.
- Soccer – Spring season to begin after Spring Break. Excited to have one competition this year, a new addition decided upon by the MIAA, against Bethel on April 14.
- Softball – 4 weeks into preseason. Will go to Fort Myers, FL for Spring Break to play 10 games.
- Tennis – First match Friday 2-17 vs. Case Western @6pm @ND
- Swimming – MIAA Championships 2/18
Sister Team Updates
- Volleyball and Softball will have a sister team dinner on Sunday 2/19.
Community Service Updates
- Golf, Softball, and Tennis will participate in St. Margaret’s House Winter Walk on Sunday 2/19.
- **Make sure to send in description and picture to Sarah Miesle
- Midnight Madness tank tops will be given out and tie-dyed at the basketball game on Saturday.
MIAA SAAC Conference Call
- Recap: The texting policy was passed. This policy allows recruits and coaches to text each other as a form of communication. The social network policy was not passed, so communicating via facebook, twitter, etc is not allowed. A new idea for grant money was discussed. Instead of receiving a percentage of all three categories, each school would receive a larger percentage of only one category every three years. It was not decided upon, but will be considered more at the next MIAA meeting.
- Next MIAA meeting: April 11, 7:30pm
- MIAA retreat in summer: representatives?
- Recap: Ronald McDonald performed, and the kids enjoyed it.
- New ideas for next year?
Grant Money Chair Updates
- Culture and Diversity –
- Stacey Davis: April 1, 6pm in Vander Vannet
- Service –
- Finished spending the money on the Valentine's Day party
- Sportsmanship –
- Dinner for the Swim Team with Albion after their home meet vs. Albion on 2/4.
- T-shirts given out at the Basketball game on 2/18.
- March 2 meeting: President Mooney and Karen Johnson
- Come looking showered, wearing gear from your sport
- Be professional and prepared and positive
- Team updates should be an overview of the whole year, and what you are expecting out of your next season
- Each team should have one question to ask President Mooney/Karen Johnson
- We want to show why the athletic department is important and should continue and should be invested in.
- Senior Awards
- Sunday May 6, 4-6pm
- Seniors must attend all events and act appropriately in order to be considered for Senior Awards
- Athlete of the Week Lunch
- Wednesday May 2
Strength and Conditioning Class
- Monday – 5:15-6:30pm
- Tuesday – 5:15-6:30pm
- Thursday – 5-6:15pm
- Swimming: 2/18 – Championships
- Basketball: 2/18 – Senior Day vs. Kalamazoo @ 3:30pm
- Tennis: 2/17 – first match of the season vs. Case Western @6pm @ND
**Next Meeting: March 2 in Conference Room A&B**