October 15, 2010
October 15, 2010
-Soccer – game today against KZOO, lost to Hope 1-0
-Cross Country – meet this weekend at Manchester / second place at Benedictine
-Vball – lost to Olivet – Dig for the Cure – game Tuesday
-Golf – First place MIAA Conference match
-Tennis – sister team
-Swimming – fourth week of practice – ND relays this weekend
-Softball – won Alumnae game
Congrats Athletes of the week!!!
- Mary Kate Boyce (MIAA)- (GOLF)
Sister team updates
- Tennis – posters/going to the game
Reminder MIAA conference on Tuesday Nov. 2nd at Albion 9:30am
– President of SGA wants to try and make a PEP atmosphere
- week of Dec 5 - Spirit Week
Halloween Party – Good job!
- Anyone who missed will do an alternate service project
SENIORS—remember you must attend all events in and out of season if you want to be eligible for senior awards.
Holiday decorating at the Convent- Sunday December 5th may need to be changed because of a speaker we may have for substance abuse! Either way keep this date open it is the only time that all athletes are on campus together before break.
SAAC board is looking good, keeping updating it.
Community Service Updates
- At least 2 events one on, one off
- All must participate/coach participation
- Have a write up and picture sent to me, Erin, Sarah and Clare within 48 hours.
- Soccer will be reading to kids, Softball – softball Clinic (Nov. 21)
Diversity grant- $1,800
- Retreat like last year? Something Different?
- Maybe 1 day retreat – MIAA Swimming and Diving Championships or structured meeting – event mixer
Substance Abuse Grant- $800
- 4 schools in the MIAA receive this grant we are 1 of the 4 this year
- Speaker who was a Volleyball player and got in accident while drunk driving lost an arm and ended her career.
Sportsmanship Grant- $500
- Dinners (pass it on)
- Baggies/boxes for championships
- Sell shirts/wrist bands. Towels etc
- Decide what team/teams we want to do this for.
Diversity/Gender Equality- $582
- Jackie is looking into some speakers
Soccer: Corissa Hart Day September 23
Volleyball: Ellen – October 29
Ideas for CC and Golf to celebrate the Seniors.
- Golf – Spring qualifier
- CC - something during halftime during a basketball game
- Lindsey Stuss
Conditioning class with Pete:
- Mondays: 5:35- 630
- Tuesdays/Thursdays: 5:30-6:45
Soccer: Friday @ Home vs. K-ZOO @ 4pm
Volleyball: Tuesday @ Home vs. Calvin @ 7pm
CC: Friday @ Manchester
Swimming: Saturday Oct. 23 – MIAA Relays
- SAAC retreat in Indy – NCAA offices – do tours of the offices then meetings with other SAACs (maybe)