October 7, 2011
Tennis: tournament in Kalamazoo
Working on getting together for their sister dinner
Soccer: Lost to Hope 0-2 on Oct. 6
Beat Olivet 3-0 on Oct. 8
Softball: Alumnae game Oct. 8 (W 9-4)
Sister dinner with volleyball on Oct. 2
Cross Country: Last Sunday (Oct. 1) race in Chicago
Alumnae race on Oct. 8
Basketball: Start season on Oct. 15
Thinking of doing service over fall break
Volleyball: Kalamazoo Oct. 7 (L 1-3)
Calvin Oct. 8 (L 0-3)
Swimming: Meet Oct. 22
SAAC Board – Publicity Committee
Kayla Wolter and Shanlynn Bias
*everyone can add to board and facebook
Grant Money Updates
Culture and Diversity ($573.88): Julia Kenney
Talking to CWIL about a possible speaker
If we get our request in by 11/1 we can possibly get more money
Service ($800): Sarah Copi
Parties - $400
Sportsmanship ($500): Emma Baker
Goodie bags for fall sports
Thinking of doing more for winter and fall sports
Pep Rally Update
October 24, 8-10:30pm
In Angela after volleyball practice
Fall sports have to be there, everyone else should be there to support
Halloween Party: October 30
- Committee schedule a time to meet to Erin
- Each team has 2 crafts
No craft overlap
Teams email Kate Mitchell by 10/14 with your craft
- Allowed up to $50 for Halloween Party craft supplies for 2-3 years
- See Erin for tax-exempt forms
Walmart is easiest, see Erin or Coach Henley for card
- Keep receipts to be reimbursed
- Remind teams about attendance policy and COSTUMES
NCAA DIII Texting Rule
- They are looking for feedback to change the rule against texting
- Rule says that coaches cannot text recruits. Current players can text recruits but not on behalf of the school or athletic department.
- Need a volunteer to create a survey to see where athletes are at with the idea of allowing coaches to text recruits as a way of communication.
The rule would still restrict Facebook and Twitter
- Liz is making a survey on Survey Monkey to get athletes' thoughts on texting rule.
*Questions if rule is changed: recruits feel obligated to respond? Getting texts during school day?
Fall Break: Help Needed
Any teams available to help with the soccer and volleyball games over fall break?
10/18: Soccer at 4pm – ball girls (Swim team)
10/21: Volleyball at 7pm – every position needed!
10/22: Volleyball at 7pm – (Soccer? XC?)
10/22: Soccer at noon – (Basketball?)
Keep in Mind:
Valentines Day Party: 2/12/12
Committee: Jess, Stephanie, Christi
Convent Decorating: Gen
1 Sunday in December?
Meeting with Dave Thursday October 27 @ 8am, Conference A and B
He'll be at soccer on Wednesday night, so meeting is moved to Thursday
First half of the meeting will be informative, so come with input, something to say, questions! Maybe have a handout and tell him all about what we have been doing (publicity: facebook page, bulletin board; grant money usage; Halloween party…)
- Uganda Summer Practicum Presentation – Monday October 10, 7pm in Carroll Auditorium.
- Support Belles athletes who went to Uganda (Kelley Murphy, Meg Rose).
- Belles For Africa t-shirts sold throughout the week in the DH
- Miss-a-meal the Friday before Fall Break for Belles For Africa! Sign up next week in the DH.
- Annie Doyle is co-hosting the founder of The Foundation for Tomorrow (TFFT) to come speak the upcoming Tuesday Oct. 11 at 8pm in Carroll. She will speak about the non-profit organization she started that helps support orphaned children in Tanzania through their schooling. Annie spent 5 weeks there interning with this organization and would love support and attendance from the Athletic Department.
Strength and Conditioning
Monday – 5:15-6:30pm
Tuesday – 7:15-8:30am AND/OR 5:15-6:30pm
Thursday – 6-7pm
Soccer: Saturday at Olivet
Cross Country: Alumnae Race 9:30am
Softball: Alumnae Game
Next Meeting Date
October 27 at 8am in Conference Rooms A and B