- A Saint Mary's student expresses the central idea of her essay in a focused thesis.
- A Saint Mary's student organizes her material in a logical sequence of well-structured paragraphs.
- A Saint Mary’s student supports her ideas with sufficient persuasive evidence.
- A Saint Mary's student expresses her ideas clearly and appropriately for the intended audience.
- A Saint Mary’s student follows conventions of grammar, punctuation, syntax, and citation in the discipline in which she is writing.
- A Saint Mary’s student reevaluates and revises her work in response to feedback.
Any W course (e.g. ENLT 109W) will provide the opportunity to earn the W.