SMC vs. Indiana Wesleyan
#13 Wildcats Too Much for Belles
MARION, Ind. - The Saint Mary's tennis team was dealt their third loss of the season on Saturday as the Belles fell 6-3 to NAIA #13 Indiana Wesleyan.
Jillian Hurley and Mary Therese Lee continued their strong season at #2 doubles as they picked up a hard-fought 9-8 (7-3) win. Hurley went on to pick up the win at #1 singles with a 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-3) decision. Franca Peluso also need a tie-breaker in her match as she earned a victory at #4 singles by 7-6 (8-6), 6-3 scores. The undefeated Wildcats took each of the other matches on the afternoon.
The Belles (6-3) will compete again next Saturday, March 27, when they host conference foe Alma for the Belles' MIAA opener. The match is slated to begin at 1:00 p.m.
1. Jillian Hurley (SMC) def. Lisa Massey (IWU) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-3)
2. Andrea Meyering (IWU) def. Camille Gebert (SMC) 7-5, 6-0
3. Eva Delk (IWU) def. Jessica Kosinski (SMC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Franca Peluso (SMC) def. Lauren Wilson (IWU) 7-6 (8-6), 6-3
5. Courtney Kooyers (IWU) def. Mary Therese Lee (SMC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Caitlin McGuire (IWU) def. Kate Grabarek (SMC) 6-1, 6-2
1. Lisa Massey/Eva Delk (IWU) def. Camille Gebert/Franca Peluso (SMC) 8-6
2. Jillian Hurley/Mary Therese Lee (SMC) def. Andrea Meyering/Lauren Wilson (IWU) 9-8 (7-3)
3. Caitlin McGuire/Courtney Kooyers (IWU) def. Jessica Kosinski/Cara Rectanus (SMC) 8-1
Saint Mary's College 6-3
Indiana Wesleyan 12-0