SMC vs. Kalamazoo
Belles Drop Match to Hornets
KALAMAZOO, Mich. - The Saint Mary's tennis team fell in an MIAA match to Kalamazoo by a 6-3 decision.
For the second consecutive match, the doubles tandem of Jillian Hurley and Mary Therese Lee and singles players Camille Gebert and Franca Peluso came through with the victories for the Belles.
Hurley and Lee won their fifth MIAA competition and their 13th overall match on the season at #2 doubles with an 8-6 victory. Gebert and Peluso, meanwhile, were in control throughout much of their singles matches. Gebert won at #2 singles by 6-2, 6-2 scores while Peluso claimed a 6-3, 6-2 win at #4 singles.
The Belles (8-7, 2-3 MIAA) will host #12 regionally ranked Hope on Wednesday, April 21 at 4:00 p.m.
1. Beau Wangtrakuldee (KZO-W) def. Jillian Hurley (SMC) 1-6, 6-3, 6-1
2. Camille Gebert (SMC) def. Kelsey Hassevoort (KZO-W) 6-2, 6-2
3. Kari Larson (KZO-W) def. Jessica Kosinski (SMC) 6-0, 6-2
4. Franca Peluso (SMC) def. Kelsey VanDeWege (KZO-W) 6-3, 6-2
5. Paula Silverman (KZO-W) def. Mary Therese Lee (SMC) 6-3, 2-6, 6-3
6. Kate Farwell (KZO-W) def. Monica Way (SMC) 6-4, 6-3
1. #10 Beau Wangtrakuldee/Kari Larson (KZO-W) def. Camille Gebert/Franca Peluso (SMC) 8-5
2. Jillian Hurley/Mary Therese Lee (SMC) def. Kelsey Hassevoort/Paula Silverman (KZO-W) 8-6
3. Kate Farwell/Kelsey VanDeWege (KZO-W) def. Jessica Kosinski/Monica Way (SMC) 8-3
Saint Mary's College 8-7, 2-3 MIAA
Kalamazoo College 9-7, 4-2 MIAA