SMC vs. Trine
Belles Sweep Thunder
ANGOLA, Ind. - The Saint Mary's tennis team won their second MIAA match of the season and their eighth overall contest of the season with a 9-0 decision over Trine on Tuesday.
The Belles took little time to claim their second consecutive conference win of the season. Camille Gebert and Franca Peluso set the tone early as they won 8-1 at #1 doubles. Jillian Hurley and Mary Therese Lee extended their doubles winning streak to 10 in-a-row with an 8-4 decision at #2 doubles. Jessica Kosinski and Cara Rectanus also won their #3 doubles match by an 8-4 score.
On the singles side, the Belles only surrendered six total games combined in all six matches. Gebert, Kosinski, and Peluso won their #2, #3, and #4 singles matches 6-0, 6-0, respectively. Hurley earned her 10th straight singles win by a 6-1, 6-0 score at #1 singles. Mary Therese Lee picked up a 6-1, 6-1 victory at #5 singles, and Kate Grabarek made it a clean sweep with a 6-3, 6-0 win at #6 singles.
The Belles (8-3, 2-0 MIAA) will have over a week away from competition and will host regionally-ranked Calvin on Wednesday, April 7, at 4:00 p.m.
1. Jillian Hurley (SMC) def. Melanie Sobeske (TRINE) 6-1, 6-0
2. Camille Gebert (SMC) def. Jennifer Wall (TRINE) 6-0, 6-0
3. Jessica Kosinski (SMC) def. Samantha Willmann (TRINE) 6-0, 6-0
4. Franca Peluso (SMC) def. Arielle Clark (TRINE) 6-0, 6-0
5. Mary Therese Lee (SMC) def. Elizabeth Steinmetz (TRINE) 6-1, 6-1
6. Kate Grabarek (SMC) def. Kaylynne Goeglein (TRINE) 6-3, 6-0
1. Camille Gebert/Franca Peluso (SMC) def. Melanie Sobeske/Jennifer Wall (TRINE) 8-1
2. Jillian Hurley/Mary Therese Lee (SMC) def. Samantha Willmann/Elizabeth Steinmetz (TRINE) 8-4
3. Jessica Kosinski/Cara Rectanus (SMC) def. Arielle Clark/Kaylynne Goeglein (TRINE) 8-4