SMC vs. Case Western
Belles Fall to Case Western
CLEVELAND, Ohio - The Saint Mary's tennis team fell 7-2 to Case Western Reserve on Saturday evening.
Kathleen Klauer came away with the most decisive win for the Belles on the day with a 6-2, 6-3 victory at six singles. Mary Therese Lee, meanwhile, battled after dropping her second set 6-1 to take the tie-breaker 10-8 for her first singles win of the season at five singles.
Mary Catherine Faller had a hard-fought first set in her three singles match before ultimately falling 10-3 in the tie-breaker. Margaret Boden and Lee also fell just short in their two doubles match, suffering an 8-6 loss.
Case Western featured regionally ranked players in #7 Erika Lim and t-#7 doubles duo Erika Lim and Emily Pham.
The Belles will look to break through for their first dual match win of the season when they face off against John Carroll University tomorrow at 11:00 a.m.
1. Erika Lim (CASE-W) def. Jillian Hurley (SMC) 6-3, 6-3
2. Emily Pham (CASE-W) def. Jessica Kosinski (SMC) 6-2, 6-1
3. Bianca Patel (CASE-W) def. Mary Catherine Faller (SMC) 7-6 (10-3), 6-1
4. Kara Richardson (CASE-W) def. Kate Grabarek (SMC) 6-4, 6-0
5. Mary Therese Lee (SMC) def. Kathleen Evers (CASE-W) 6-3, 1-6, 10-8
6. Kathleen Klauer (SMC) def. Evelyn Qi (CASE-W) 6-2, 6-3
1. Emily Pham/Erika Lim (CASE-W) def. Mary Catherine Faller/Jillian Hurley (SMC) 8-4
2. Kathleen Evers/Kara Richardson (CASE-W) def. Margaret Boden/Mary Therese Lee (SMC) 8-6
3. Bianca Patel/Evelyn Qi (CASE-W) def. Kate Grabarek/Jessica Kosinski (SMC) 8-2