Steps to Apply
ADMISSION OF TRANSFER STUDENTS
Saint Mary's is a member of the Common Application. We encourage you to apply by April 15 for the fall semester and November 15 for the spring semester because we know you may have withdrawal deadlines at your current institution. However, we continue to accept transfer applications after these deadlines as long as space is available. The following items are needed for the completion of an application for transfer admission:
- The Common Application for Transfer Students
- One Common Application Academic Evaluator Recommendation - You may select an instructor or a college official to complete this form.
- The Common Application Registrar Report
- The Common Application Essay
- Course descriptions from all college courses - You may copy them from your school's online course catalog, paste them into a document, and email them to us.
- Official transcripts from all high schools and all colleges attended
- Official SAT or ACT scores - OPTIONAL for students who have completed the equivalent of 30 or more credit hours
- The Common Application Mid-Term Report - This form can be found under the "Assign Recommenders" tab on the Common Application in the "Additional Forms" section. Print it, ask professors to complete and sign it, and mail it to the Office of Admission.
Of the information submitted, the Admission Committee attaches greatest importance to the student's academic record. Ordinarily, a student is expected to have earned a cumulative 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or to have attained two consecutive semesters of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) full time work to be considered for transfer admission.