Transfer Admission - Steps to Apply
We encourage you to apply by April 15 for the fall semester and November 15 for the spring semester in order to meet withdrawal deadlines at your current institution. However, we will continue to accept transfer applications after these deadlines as long as space is available.
The following items are required to be submitted as part of your transfer application:
- The Common Application for Transfer Students, which includes an essay and the College Report -or- Academic Evaluator Recommendation*
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Official college transcript(s)
- Course descriptions (can be copied from your school's online course guide and emailed to Saint Mary's)
- Official SAT or ACT scores (if applying with fewer than 24 credits)
*You may select an instructor or college official to complete this form.
Mid-term grades are not required to be submitted at the time of application, but may be requested by the Office of Admission during the application review process. Of the information submitted, the Admission Committee attaches greatest importance to your collegiate academic record. Ordinarily, a student is expected to have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) or to have attained two consecutive semesters of full-time work at a 2.7 to be considered for transfer admission.