Careers and Advanced Degrees

Most Department of Communicative Sciences and Disorders graduates immediately enroll in graduate programs to pursue a career as a Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP) or a Speech and Language Pathologist Aide (SLPA); a classroom teacher who can instruct children with disabilities, an audiologist, or pathologist. Many communicative disorders students pursue careers in early childhood intervention and education or work to fulfill the many needs of the growing elderly populations.