Apply to Saint Mary's
We understand the uncertainty caused by the coronavirus outbreak, and that many families are experiencing anxiety at this time. We have decided to officially extend our deposit deadline for all accepted first year students to June 1 in an effort to help families finalize their plans during this difficult time. Saint Mary's is committed to working with each of you individually over the next weeks and months to ensure you feel comfortable with your decision. Whether it's accepting pass/fail grades and delayed final transcripts, to conversations regarding financial aid, we're flexible and willing to work with you. We are all here for you and strongly encourage you to reach out to our Admission and Financial Aid offices with questions. While it is too early for all of us to understand the impact of the significant changes happening across the country and the world, we want you to know that we are working on ways to help you during this trying time. Please hang tight, be well, and stay in touch with us!
In keeping with our intent to bring students back for the fall semester, our leadership team and COVID Task Force have developed a plan to begin in-person classes on August 10. Because many students attend classes across our tri-campus community, aligning our academic calendar with Notre Dame and Holy Cross is imperative. Therefore, we have decided to begin in-person classes on Monday, August 10, forego fall break, and complete the semester before Thanksgiving Break. We are deeply committed to ensuring the well-being of our campus community, and we will require that additional protective measures be put into place on campus to enhance the safety of all campus constituencies, and especially vulnerable populations.
Please understand, this plan may change. It depends on the status of the pandemic in our region, as well as on access to enough testing and diagnostics to meet our needs, among other complex factors. We look forward to working as a tri-college community to address these challenges.
Now is your time to become a part of Saint Mary's College.
If you're a student interested in transferring to Saint Mary's, visit our transfer applicant page.
If you're a prospective graduate student interested in Saint Mary's, you can apply here.
If you're a high school student, see information below:
We look forward to getting to know you through your application.
First Year Applicants
If you're a high school student applying for your first-year at Saint Mary's, you can apply Early Decision or Regular Decision.
- Application Deadline: November 15
- Admission Notification Date: guaranteed by mid-December when your application is completed by November 20
- Deposit Deadline: January 15
- Priority Application Deadline: February 15 (we're still accepting applications on a space available basis!)
- Admission Notification Date: rolling starting in November (generally 2-4 weeks from the date your application becomes complete)
- Deposit Deadline: Given the difficulties familes are facing as a result of the spread of COVID-19, we have moved the enrollment deposit deadline to June 1
- Fall application deadline: July 1
- Fall deposit deadline: July 15
- Spring application deadline: November 15
- Admission Notification Date: You should expect to receive a decision within 2-4 weeks from the date your application becomes complete.