Belles Buck Rams
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Saint Mary's tennis team earned a 9-0 win over Cornell (Iowa) in their first match of their spring break trip to Florida.
While Mary Catherine Faller and Kayle Sexton had a more tightly contested 8-5 win at one doubles, Shannon Elliott and Audrey Kiefer matched Margaret Faller and Andrea Fetters with 8-1 wins at two and three doubles, respectively.
Jackie Kjolhede and Andrea Fetters both had unblemished 6-0, 6-0 wins in singles play as Kjolhede took the three singles flight while Fetters was victorious at five singles. Audrey Kiefer lost just a single game on her way to a 6-1, 6-0 decision at six singles.
Shannon Elliott was a 6-1, 6-2 winner at four singles. Kayle Sexton battled her way to the 7-6 (0) win in the first set before taking the second set in decisive fashion by a 6-0 score at two singles. Mary Catherine Faller wrapped up the 9-0 win with a victory by forfeit at one singles.
The Belles have a quick turnaround as they will take on Bryn Mawr at 11:30 a.m. tomorrow before playing a night match against St. Scholastica starting at 7:00 p.m.
Saint Mary's College 9, Cornell College 0
1. Mary Catherine Faller (SMC) def. Ariana Hudson (CCW), by forfeit
2. Kayle Sexton (SMC) def. Shashanna Moll (CCW) 7-6 (7-0), 6-1
3. Jackie Kjolhede (SMC) def. Anne Seng (CCW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Shannon Elliott (SMC) def. Dana Dowell (CCW) 6-1, 6-2
5. Andrea Fetters (SMC) def. Veronika Reidel (CCW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Audrey Kiefer (SMC) def. Natalie Nish (CCW) 6-1, 6-0
1. Mary Catherine Faller/Kayle Sexton (SMC) def. Ariana Hudson/Shashanna Moll (CCW) 8-5
2. Shannon Elliott/Audrey Kiefer (SMC) def. Anne Seng/Natalie Nish (CCW) 8-1
3. Margaret Faller/Andrea Fetters (SMC) def. Dana Dowell/Veronika Reidel (CCW) 8-1